Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Spicy Chocolate Peanut Butter Tofu

This Chocolate PB Tofu is amazing. I know what you are probably thinking.. Chocolate Peanut Butter.. TOFU!? Yes friends.. & it is life changingly good. Give it a shot, you will not be disappointed.

Spicy Chocolate Peanut Butter Tofu
It is slap you in the face good

  • 1 block extra-firm tofu
  • 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 tbsp liquid aminos or soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp organic peanut butter
  • 3 tbsp water
  • 1 tbsp 100% pure maple or agave syrup
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (It is quite spicy! So if you aren't a huge spice fan, tone it down a little bit. It will still turn out amazeballs. I promise.)
Before you can get to the chocolately peanuty goodness, you have to prep that tofu! Emily over at the Daily Garnish has an easy to follow "tofu tutorial" that you can go follow. Perfect golden chunks, every time.

Get your tofu browning on the stove, then it is time to get saucy. Whisk together cocoa powder, liquid aminos/soy sauce, peanut butter, syrup & cayenne in a small bowl until smooth.

Once your tofu is nice and golden brown you can add your nutty chocolate sauce mixture into the pan. Stir well to coat.

No chunk left behind.

The sauce will thicken up from the heat, then it is time to serve it up.


 I will be the first to admit.. I had my doubts.

But it is delicious.
I promise.
& Al even gave it the carnivore seal of approval.


Welp.. It is off to study some anatomy for me.
You're jealous..
I know this.

Lots of MN Love,
-Jules

Oh hey.
P.S.

I am running a 10 miler THIS SUNDAY. If you would like to receive texts to keep you up to date on my pace/how I am running during the race you can go to this link:

Just type in your cell number & search for my name to follow me!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment